Turangi, Waikato New Zealand
Last Updated: 15 July 2018
Turangi is a small town about 40km off state highway one from Taupo, it is part of the lake district and a great fishing town, it is nestled amongst the Tongariro River and is situated in a perfect location if you are an outdoors junkie, the town is close to Ruapehu ski fields and is a great tourist destination.
What to expect.
Turangi is full of nice locals with a great community. You can expect to be treated nicely when passing through as this is a tourist town.
There are 100s of good hikes around the Turangi Taupo lake district wither you are wanting to hike mountains, lakes, forests, rivers or farms there are so much to see.
Check out the following:
- Tongariro River Trail
- Tongariro National Trout Centre
- Tongariro River Lookout Track
- Tokaanu Thermal Walk
- Tauranga/Taupo River Walking Track
- Tauranga/Taupo Reserve Walking Track
- Rotopounamu Walking Track
- Te Hapua
- Pukawa Bush Walking Track
- Pukawa to Omori Walking Track
- Pukawa to Kuratau river-mouth (or vice versa)
- Motutere / Waipehi Walking Track
- Maunganamu Walking Track
- Motuoapa Cliff Lookout Walking Track
- Kaimanawa Forest Park Walks
Mountain & Trail Biking, Cycling
A lot of the walking tracks around the Turangi Taupo are also double as mountain biking tracks, so with the above tracks, check out articles if they are available.
There are a lot of food joints around the city, check back soon for updates on food places available.
There are a lot of backpackers and motels located around the city, check back soon for updates on accommodation places available.
Category : Towns & Cities
Find some great articles you may have missed, type in a location or place name and see what comes up!